Peter Engelmann PhD
Phone: +36-72-536-288 / 36528
- 1997-2000. Research student
- 2000.-2003. PhD student
- 2003.-2004. Researcher, University of Pécs-Hungarian Academy of Sciences
- 2005.-2007. Assistant Lecturer
- 2007.- Assistant Professor at the Department of Immunology and Biotechnology, Clinical Center, University of Pecs
- 2004. PhD degree (title: Innate immunity in invertebrate model organism: morphological and functional characterization of Eisenia fetida coelomocyte subgroups by immunological methods.)
Tutor: Péter Németh MD, PhD, Professor
- Joslin Diabetes Center, Harvard Medical School
- Section for Immunology and Immunogenetics, Boston, MA, USA
- 2005-2007, Research Fellow (Supervisor: Dr. Tihamér Orbán)
- Aarhus University
- Department of Biosciences, Silkeborg, Dánia
- 2010 (2 months), Visiting Researcher
- University of Lille
- Laboratoire d’Ecologie Numerique et d’Ecotoxicologie, Villeneuve d’Ascq, Franciaország
- 2011 (2 months), Visiting Researcher
- 1998-2004: Studying the evolution of innate immunity in an invertebrate model organism. Characterization of innate immune cells, phagocytes with novel molecular markers (Supervisor: Péter Németh MD, PhD)
- 2005-2007: The role of Th and iNKT cells in the pathogenesis of human type 1 diabetes mellitus, NKT cell biology (Supervisor: Tihamér Orbán, MD)
- 2007-2010: Functional characterization of invertebrate immune cells.
- 2010- Comparative analysis of silver nanoparticle-derived toxicity on invertebrate and vertebrate immune cells.
- Cell- and tissue culturing (cell lines, hybridome production, antigen specific T-cell assays).
- Flow cytometry: cell surface- and intracellular labeling, functional assays ([Ca]i level, cell cycle, ROS, etc.)
- Histochemical techniques: enzyme-, immunohistochemistry, immunofluorescence
- Immunoserology: ELISA, Dot-blot, Western blot
- Molecular biology: PCR, RT-PCR, qPCR, cDNA and phage-display library screening and sequencing.